The US military to stand with India in conflict with China, said White House official Mark Meadows. "Our military will continue to stand strong, whether it's in relationship to a conflict between India and China or anywhere else," White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said during Interview with Fox News. US military "will continue to stand strong in relationship to a conflict between India and China or anywhere else, a top White House official says.
On Monday during an Interview Mark Meadows said "The message is clear. We're not going to stand by and let China or anyone else take the reins in terms of being the most powerful, dominant force, whether it's in that region or over here, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows told Fox News on Monday. He was told that India banned Chinese apps after the violent clash at border which resulted martyrdom of 20 Indian soldiers last month.
The troops of India and China are locked in an eight-week standoff in several areas in eastern Ladakh including Pangong Tso, Galwan Valley and Gogra Hot Spring. The situation deteriorated last month following the Galwan Valley clashes that left 20 Indian Army personnel dead as the two sides significantly bolstered their deployments in most areas along the LAC. Earlier on 15th June a violent clash took place at Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh in which 20 Indian soldiers and about 40-50 Chinese soldiers killed.
China is engaged at several fronts including in South China Sea and the East China Sea. Both areas are stated to be rich in minerals, oil and other natural resources and are vital to global trade. United States has sent two of its aircraft carriers to the South China Sea. Our mission is to make sure that the world knows that we still have the preeminent fighting force on the face of the globe, Meadows said.
President Donald Trump has invested more in the US military, more in not only the hardware, but the men and women who serve so sacrificially each and every day, he said. He (US President Trump) continues to do so, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said.
Based on the recent developments the Chinese military on Monday has begun withdrawing troops from the Galwan Valley and Gogra Hot Spring. The recent move came hours after after Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi held talks over the border row.
Source- Business Today