Bhai Dooj 2020: It is the festival of brothers and sisters which is observed after 2 days of Diwali by Hindus. On this holy day, sisters fast for their bothers and apply tilak on their forehead and pray for their long well being and healthy life.
Know Date and Time of Bhai Dooj 2020
This year Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on November 16, 2020.
Bhai Dooj Aparhana time: 01:10 pm to 03:18 pm
Dwitiya Tithi begin time: 07:06 am
Dwitiya Tithi end time: 03:56 am
It is also known as Yama Dwitiya, Bhau Beej, Bhai Phota, and Bhatri Dwitiya in various parts of countries. The shubh muhurat of Bhai Dooj will begin from 01:10 pm on November 16 and it will be held till 03.18 pm. The Dwitiya tithi of Bhai Dooj will start at 07:06 am on November 16 and will end on November 17 at 3:56 am.
Significance of Bhai Dooj
Legend says that this festival is celebrated because Yamraj, who is the god of death was called by her sister Yamuna for a meeting but he could not meet her. One day he finally visited her, Yamuna to express ger thanks and gratitude she welcomed him with love and prepared different varieties of food and sweets for him, and wished for his well being by applying a tilak on his forehead. After getting honor by her love Yamraj asked her for a boon and as a gift, she asked him that a day should be marked for bothers and sisters.
Other people state that Lord Krishna went to meet her sister Subhadra after defeating a demon Narakasura. Subhadra welcomes her to bother Krishna with flowers, aarti, and put tilak on his forehead gave rise to this beautiful festival.
Quotes, wishes, and images
1. Wishing you a very Happy Bhai Dooj! I wish you a year full of happiness with lots of love and laugh.
2. Your adorable smile makes my days. With your caring and supporting ways, you become my second mother. Dear sister whatever situation may come, I will always stand by you.
3. Brother, you are the most precious gift of my life. I wish you a very Happy Bhai Dooj and all the luck and good wishes for your future.
4. On this loving occasion of Bhai Dooj, let's reminisce about the lovely and wonderful moments we have spent together by sharing each other's joys and sorrows. Thank you for spreading happiness into my life bother. Happy Bhai Dooj!
5. Like the love of Lord Krishna for his sister Subhadra, every brother should love their sister and like the blessings of Subhadra for his brother Krishna, and all the sisters should always pray for their Brothers well-being. Happy Bhai Dooj 2020 to all the brothers and sisters!
6. Bhai Dooj is the festival of love and prayers between brothers and sisters. May this Bhai Dooj, we celebrate it with even more love, affection, and protection. Best wishes on this Bhai Dooj.
7. A very happy Bhai Dooj! May God bring no tear to my brother's eye and give you a truck loaded with love and good vibes. Happy Bhai Dooj!
8. God sent in my life a beautiful Angel in your guise, Sister. In good times or bad ones, you are always ready to extend your help and support. Thank you for everything you do. Happy Bhai Dooj 2020!
9. You helped me when I was in trouble, you made me feel secure when I was scared, and other things you did to make me happy. A thank you would not be insufficient for all this. Happy Bhai Dooj 2020 to you my Brother!
10. You will always be my first and last best friend, who looked out for me and made sure the part I traveled was safe. There would be no one life you, Happy Bhai Dooj Brother!
Read Also: Diwali Decoration Ideas 2020: This Diwali decorate your home with these vibrant embellish designs