India On Saturday recorded its biggest spike in COVID-19 case with 6654 New cases and 137 death in India in the last 24 hours, taking the tally of coronavirus case in the country to 125101 as per the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW). India sees Highest ever spike of 6654 COVID19 cases, & 137 deaths in India in the last 24 hours. Total number of cases in the country now at 125101, including 69597 active cases and 3720 deaths: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Coronavirus cases have crossed 1.25 lakhs in the country. According to the latest data from the Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry, a total of 1,25,101 cases have been reported in the country so far. At the same time, 3720 people have died due to corona. At present there are 69,597 active cases in the country, while 51,784 people have recovered and discharged from hospitals. Maharashtra has reported the highest number of cases, according to data from the Union Health Ministry. So far, 44,582 cases of coronavirus have been reported in Maharashtra, while 1517 people have died. Cases are also increasing rapidly in Gujarat, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh.
Since lockdown started in Maharashtra there has been an increase in number of cyber crimes. Through TikTok, videos encouraging rape&acid attack went viral recently. State cyber crime dept will take strict action against whoever posts such content: Anil Deshmukh,State Home Minister
Highest ever spike of 6654 #COVID19 cases, & 137 deaths in India in the last 24 hours. Total number of cases in the country now at 125101, including 69597 active cases and 3720 deaths: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare pic.twitter.com/E47OgUaggC— ANI (@ANI) May 23, 2020
Kerala: People in less numbers were seen making purchases today at SM street market in Kozhikode ahead of Eid festival amid COVID19 lockdown. Syed,a shop owner says, 'There is less footfall now. Even though Eid festival is around the corner, there is only 10% sales due to COVID'
- Delhi Excise Department allows 66 private liquor shops to open in the national capital from 9 am to 6:30 pm, on an odd-even basis from today
- Rajasthan reports 48 fresh positive cases of COVID19 and 2 deaths till 9 am. Total number of positive cases rise to 6542 and 155 deaths, while active cases hike to 2695: State Health Department
- According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a total of 28,34,798 samples of corona virus have been tested so far in the country. The number of samples tested in the country in the last 24 hours is 1,15,364.
- So far, 14,753 cases of coronavirus have been reported in Tamil Nadu. Here 98 people have died due to corona virus, while 7128 patients have been cured.
- So far, 44,582 cases of corona virus have been reported in Maharashtra. Here, 1517 people have died due to corona virus, while 12,583 patients have been cured.
- As of Morning, 48 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Rajasthan. 2 more people died here. According to information from the state health department, the total number of corona cases in the state has risen to 6542 and 155 deaths have occurred. Active cases have risen to 2695.
- Coronavirus Updates The revised advisory on use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) as prophylaxis for COVID19 has been issued.
- COVID-19 death toll in Delhi rises to 231; 591 new cases take tally to 12,910: Authorities
- 53 new COVID19 positive cases confirmed - 44 from Sarusajai Quarantine Centre, 7 from Dima Hasao district and 2 from Cachar. Total positive cases stand at 319: Assam Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma