Now WhatsApp has permitted the payment method in India through WhatsApp Pay. WhatsApp Pay features rely on the country's Unified Payments Interface (UPI) framework to facilitate money transfer. Here everyone can check how to set-up WhatsApp pay on their mobile phones on different versions such as android and iOS. Know the process of how you can transfer and receive money through WhatsApp Pay. WhatsApp payments will finally be available in India, for WhatsApp users.
So if you are planning to send money to anyone using Android and iOS mobile phones, you can use WhatsApp to send and receive money from your friends and family, and it is about as straightforward as it gets. Here are the steps on how you can get started with payments on WhatsApp.
If you want to get started with WhatsApp Pay, you must first link your bank account to the service. UPI works mainly with your phone number and the service works with the major banks in India. The best part is that even if you don't have a UPI account set up with your bank, you will be able to use the payment option within WhatsApp as it will create a UPI ID for you.
1. Open the WhatsApp application on your phone and tap on the three dots icon
2. Tap on Payments.
3. Select Add new payment method.
4. Select OK and continue to begin.
5. You will get a list of bank names. Ideally, this should be your main UPI account.
6. You should now verify your phone number. Make sure that the WhatsApp number you are using is the same as the one registered in your bank account. Press Verify by SMS to authenticate your bank account.
7. Once the verification process is complete, you may need to finish setting up payments. You will need to set a UPI pin to transact similarly to other apps. After this, you will be able to see the chosen bank on the payment page.
Should Read: Here is how to send and receive money via WhatsApp