School of Open Learning (SOL), University of Delhi is likely to commence the Admission process for Part 1 for session 2020-21 in coming weeks. DU SOL which facilitates UG & PG courses through Open Learning (Distance) mode may begin Admission online registration process in 2nd-3rd week of August 2020, a source said to See Latest. As Delhi University has extended its closing date for UG Admission registration till July 31, it is being assumed that School of Open Learning (SOL) would also facilitate services for new admissions in August 2020. SOL offers Under Graduate programmes including B.A (Prog), B.A (Hons), B.Com & B.Com (Hons) and shall likely invite Admission applications in Online mode (only) at sol.du.ac.in for session 2020-21.
SOL is in process to start new academic session 2020-21 for students taking admissions in UG/ PG Part I (First Year). It is hinted that Department would commence Online facility for admission application form from 2nd week of August 2020. According to sources, the admission into SOL begins amid Regular colleges' Cut offs.
On Wednesday answering a question on the Admissions into SOL, DU official replayed that Admissions into SOL are yet to begin. Admissions may take another 15-20 days time, he hinted. SOL begins admission process when Regular colleges start releasing Cut offs & possibly after second cut off, Department is expected to start admission procedure, official added.
SOL Admission 2020 Live Updates
August 1, 2020- 5.30 PM: School of Open Learning (SOL) is yet to begin process for first year new admissions for academic session 2020-21. Board shall likely start Admissions in the month of September, however official notice is yet to come. Students are advised to visit the website sol.du.ac.in for regular updates.
August 1, 2020- 4.14 PM: SOL provides admissions in B.A Prog, B.A Hons (English), BA Hons (Political Science), B.Com and B.Com (Hons) under UG admissions. The details can be obtained from SOL prospectus.
Information related to SOL Admission 2020-21 registration:
1) Currently School of Open Learning (SOL), University of Delhi (DU) is in process to prepare the UG Result of students on the basis of Assignment Based Evaluation facility for UG. SOL Assignment Based Evaluation is opted for UG CBCS Semester & 2nd Year Annual Students only. The decision is taken following the UGC guidelines in which First & Second Year UG students are going to be promoted.
2) Delhi University invites Applications for UG Admissions 2020-21, the last date for registration is extended till July 31. CBSE & several other state boards have announced Class XII results. Schedule for DU Cut offs 2020 is expected to be updated soon. SOL may likely start admission registration after DU 2nd Cut off 2020, an official told.
Should Read- DU Admissions 2020: Entrance test from 6-11 Sept
SOL Degree equivalent to others for Admission into B.Ed
3) Students Grievances cell on Monday addressed the students quarries regarding the SOL Admissions & credibility of SOL degree. Delhi University clarified that Degree of SOL is equivalent to others and students possessing SOL degree are eligibile for admission into B.Ed & other courses.
4) DU SOL offers Under Graduate courses in following streams- B.A (Program), B.A (Hons) Political Science, B.A (Hons) English, B.Com AND B.Com (Hons). In Post Graduate courses M.A (History), M.A (Political Science), M.A (Hindi) and M.Com.
5) The Admission prospectus 2020-21 to be uploaded at official website sol.du.ac.in, well in advance. Schedule for SOL UG/ PG Admission form with last date (with/without late fee) to be intimated at official website.