INDIA Cases - 216,824, Deaths - 6,088
Global Cases - 6,567,393, Deaths - 387,913
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman elaborates on 20Lakh Crores package part 2 on Thursday. In case you missed it some important highlights of the package to formers, Street Vendors & Migrant Workers are here. Here are the top 10 Highlights of Package to Farmers, Street Vendors & Migrant Workers. Finance Minister said by beginning that initiatives focus on migrant workers, street vendors, small traders, the self-employed & small farmers.
Finance Minister recalling recent finances made by Central Governments for Farmers, Migrant Workers, Self Employed People, Street Vendors moved ahead. In part two of 20L Crores Package announcements are going to be made as- Three related to Migrant Workers, One for Sishu Loan, One for Street Vendors, two related to farmers, said Finance Minister. She also added that if something left here in Conference doesn't mean we ignored, we can come later.
PM Narendra Modi had on Tuesday announced a cumulative package of Rs 20 lakh crore (nearly 10% of GDP) to provide relief to various segments of the economy. The package includes already announced PM Garib Kalyan Yojana providing grains and cash to poor and Rs 5.6 lakh crore stimulus provided through various monetary policy measures by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Today's initiatives focuses on migrant workers, street vendors, small traders, the self-employed & small farmers
- Interest subvention and prompt repayment incentive on crop loans due from 1st March has been extended to 31st May
- Govt has permitted state govts to utilize SDRF for setting up a shelter for migrants&providing them food&water etc...We are conscious, we are attending to the migrants and giving them in various different ways
- We have already generated 14.62 crore person-days of work till 13th May, which is 40-50% more persons enrolled as compared to last May. Migrant workers going back to their states being actively enrolled MGNREGS
- 12,000 self-help groups (SHGs) have produced more than 3 crore masks and 1.2 lakh liters of sanitizers during the COVID19 period. 7,200 new SHGs for urban poor have been formed during the last two months
- Free food grains supply to all migrants for the next 2 months. For non-card holders, they shall be given 5kg wheat/rice per person & 1 kg chana per family/month for 2 months. 8 crore migrants will benefit- Rs 3500 crores to be spent on this
- One Nation One Ration Card will be implemented- 67 crore beneficiaries in 23 states covering 83% of PDS population will be covered by national portability by August 2020
- Govt to launch a scheme for affordable rental housing for migrant workers/urban poor to provide ease of living by converting govt-funded housing in cities into Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) under PPP mode through a concessionaire
- Government of India will provide interest subvention of 2% for prompt MUDRA-Shishu Loans payees for a period of 12 months; Relief of Rs 1500 crores to MUDRA-Shishu loan payees
- Government to support nearly 50 lakh street vendors with Rs 5000 crore Special Credit Facility
- Government to extend the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) for the middle-income group (annual income Rs 6-18 lakhs) up to March 2021; 2.5 lakh middle income families to benefit during 2020-21
- NABARD to extend additional re-finance support of Rs 30,000 crores for crop loan requirement of Rural Co-op banks and RRBs
- To create job opportunities for tribals /Adivasis -plans worth Rs 6000 crores to be approved shortly under Compensatory Afforestation Management & Planning Authority (CAMPA) Funds
- Rs 2 lakh crore concessional credit boost to 2.5 crore farmers through Kisan Credit Cards
Should Read: World Bank announces USD 1 billion to India