School, Colleges, & Educational Institutions Reopening 2022: Schools in Tripura have resumed as of Monday, and in Bangalore, both schools and colleges reopened today after being closed due to an alarming increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in the state. Many other states will reopen their schools on February 1st, following a decrease in the number of daily Covid-19 cases.
School, Colleges, & Educational Institutions Reopening 2022- State-Wise Update & Current Status Report
- Tamil Nadu: Schools for grades 1-12, colleges, and universities will resume on February 1. The state administration declared on Thursday, January 27 that play schools, LKG, and UKG classes will stay closed.
- Madhya Pradesh: The Madhya Pradesh government announced the closure of schools and dormitories for Classes 1 to 12 on January 14 due to an increase in COVID-19 cases at the time. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has stated that the decision to reopen schools in the state will be made after consulting with experts and doing a review of the COVID-19 scenario.
- Tripura: Schools in Tripura resumed today for grades pre-primary to Class 12. Classes for pre-primary through Class 7 had previously been suspended until January 30. Classes from 8 to 12 were, however, permitted to follow COVID-19 principles.
- Karnataka: Schools and institutions in Bangalore can reopen as of today. "All classrooms will be functioning in schools beginning Monday, with rigorous execution of COVID-19 acceptable behaviour and etiquette," said Education Minister BC Nagesh.
Also Read- Why COVID-19 Deaths Are Increasing In India Despite A Decrease In Daily Cases?
- Uttarakhand: On January 22, the Uttarakhand government decided that all schools in the state be closed till January 31. According to a report in the Times of India, they have been allowed to reopen for Classes 10-12.
- Madhya Pradesh: The Madhya Pradesh government ordered the closure of schools and hostels for Classes 1 to 12 on January 14 due to an increase in COVID-19 cases at the time. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan recently stated that the decision to reopen schools in the state will be made after consulting with experts and conducting a review of the COVID-19 situation
- Odisha: The Odisha Higher Education Department has warned students about a bogus letter circulating on social media that claims the state's colleges and universities will reopen on February 10. The government, according to the statement, has not yet made such a decision.
- Pondicherry: The administration of Puducherry announced on January 18 that schools and colleges in the Union Territory will remain closed until January 31. According to The Hindu, Lieutenant Governor Tamilisai Soundararjan indicated on Friday that a decision on reopening schools would be made soon.
Should Read- Pushpa Hindi Day 45 Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun Starrer Enters ₹100 Crore Club In The Hindi Belt
- Uttar Pradesh: State government has extended the closure of schools and colleges until February 6. According to the previous order, educational institutions will be closed until January 30.
- Telangana: All government, private, and public schools and colleges in Telangana will resume physical education classes on February 1. The government had previously ordered that all educational institutions remain closed until January 30.
- Maharashtra: Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar announced on Saturday that schools and colleges in Maharashtra's Pune district will reopen on February 1. Schools for pre-primary through Class 12 students reopened last week in other parts of the state.
- Rajasthan: Schools in Rajasthan will reopen on February 1 for students in grades 10-12. Schools for grades 6 through 9 will reopen on February 10, the government announced on Friday in its new Covid guidelines.
- Haryana: Haryana schools for grades 10, 11, and 12 will reopen in February, according to Education Minister Kanwar Pal on January 25. "As COVID-19 active infections decrease, we can consider reopening schools," the minister previously stated.
- Delhi: The Delhi government decided on January 27 to keep schools, colleges, and other educational institutions closed until further notice. The next DDMA meeting is expected to make a decision on reopening schools.