Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addresses the centenary celebrations of Visva-Bharati University in Santiniketan, West Bengal. The address started at 11 am on Thursday through video conferencing. Prime Minister began and closed his address quoting Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore's ideas. From calling Visva-Bharati University a venerable source of constant energy to the country, to the philosophy of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore, Prime Minister praise the worthiness of the University.
Earlier, Prime Minister taking to his micro-blogging site twitter account wrote- “Looking forward to addressing the centenary celebrations of the iconic Visva Bharati University, Shantiniketan, among our premium centres of learning which is closely associated with Gurudev Tagore. Do tune in tomorrow, 24th December at 11 AM.”
Here're the highlights of PM Narendra Modi's virtual address at the Visva Bharati University centenary-
- Visva Bharati University has given hundreds of Poets, Writers, and Scientists to the nation, PM said during his address.
- India is the only major country which is moving in the right direction to achieve the targets of the Paris Agreement, said PM Narendra Modi at centenary celebrations of Visva-Bharati University.
- India's freedom struggle had roots in Bhakti Movement, PM Narendra Modi said at centenary celebrations of Visva-Bharati University
- Today we must remember the circumstances which led to the establishment of this university. It wasn't just British rule but in the background, were our rich ideas & history of hundreds of years of movement.
- As India is going to celebrate its 100 years, India will be guided by the thoughts of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore, PM said.
- Visva-Bharati embodiment of philosophy, vision and hard work of Guru Rabindranath Tagore.
- Rabindranath Tagore used to say, without music and cultural diversity, a nation can loose its importance and advancement, PM added.
- Guided by Gurudev Visva-Bharati presented a strong image of Indian nationalist sentiment during Independence. Gurudev wanted entire humanity to benefit from India's spiritual awakening. Atmanirbhar Bharat vision is also a derivative of this sentiment, he added.
- Rabindranath Tagore once said that - I don't remember what i was taught, but i remember what i learned.
Visva Bharati University, Shantiniketan was established in the year 1921 by Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore. In a short while from now, at 11 AM, PM Shri Narendra Modi speaks at the iconic Visva Bharati University, PMO Officials write.