The Prime Minister Narendra Modi lays the foundation stone of New Parliament Building, on Thursday. 17,000 sq. meter bigger than the old Parliament building, will be an intrinsic part of the vision of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat. New Parliament Building will be modern, state-of-the-art and energy efficient building. Lok Sabha will be three-times of the existing size and Rajya Sabha will be substantially bigger.
New Parliamen Building (NPB) will reflect the vibrancy and diversity of modern India, incorporating cultural and regional arts and crafts. In Central courtyard there is Banyan, 'the national tree'. The NPB will be technologically advanced and secure. Here are the 10 unknown facts about the 'New Parliament Building' that make it advanced in different terms.
Ten unknown facts about New Parliament Building:
1) New Parliament Building will have 530 seats in Media and Public gallaries of each house for witnessing Parliamentary proceedings.
2) Every seat will have clear view of the proceedings of Parliament
3) Secure Subterranean Access to easy and unobstrusive movement of Members of Parliament, easing traffic congestion
4) Fully digital IP-based systen with integrated multimedia display for each member of Parliament
5) Voting system with additional security button for both hand use.
6) Language interpretation and multilingual hearing facility
प्रधानमंत्री @narendramodi ने नए संसद भवन की आधारशिला रखी। नया संसद भवन 'आत्मनिर्भर भारत' की बुनियादी सोच का दर्पण होगा। साथ ही यह नये भारत की आवश्यकताओं तथा आकांक्षाओं के अनुरूप होगा। #NewParliament4NewIndia @PIBHindi @MIB_Hindi @PMOIndia pic.twitter.com/mrcmbracOc— MyGovHindi (@MyGovHindi) December 10, 2020
7) Automatic camera control
8) arge LED video display for individual and voting result.
9) Camera feed with member information, speak time, and speaker list.
10) The interiors of the new building will showcase a rich blend of Indian culture and diversity.