One of the most fortunate festivals according to the Hindu community is Navrati. The nine-day holiday, which commemorates the triumph of good over evil, is observed with great fervor and excitement. The nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshipped throughout this time by her followers.
The Sharad Navratri, one of the four different types of Navratri (the others being Chaitra, Magha, and Ashadha Gupta), is the one that is celebrated in September and October. Navratri 2022 history, significance, Goddess Durga 9 forms, start & end date, day-wise colors & more details have been listed here.
Navratri 2022: History & Significance
The Sanskrit words "Nava," which means nine, and "Ratri," which denotes night, are combined to produce the phrase "Navaratri." The celebration is thought to symbolize the victory of good over evil in Hinduism. It is said that during this time, the goddess Durga fought the demon Mahishasur for nine days until beheading him on the tenth. As a result, Vijayadashmi is celebrated on the tenth day of Navratri.
Should Read- Brahmastra Box Office Collection Day 10: VFX Heavy Film Crosses ₹200 Crores!
Navratri 2022: Goddess Durga 9 Forms (Day-Wise Colors & Worship)
- Maa Shailaputri: This year, the first day of Navratri falls on September 26. The first day of Navratri is colored white.
- Maa Brahmacharini: The second day of Shraddha Navratri, which falls on September 27, is marked by the color red.
- Maa Chandraghanta: On September 28, the third day of Navratri, royal blue is the designated color.
- Maa Kushmanda: Yellow is the color of the fourth day of Navratri, which falls on September 29 this year.
- Maa Skandmata: Green is the designated color for September 30, the fifth day of Navratri.
- Maa Katyayani: On October 1, this festival's sixth day will be observed. Grey is the color of the day.
- Maa Kaalratri: On October 2, which is the seventh day of Navratri, orange is the designated color.
- Maa Mahagauri: On October 3, which is the eighth day of Navratri, the color is peacock green.
- Maa Siddhidatri: The ninth day of Navratri is marked with the color pink. This year, the ninth day falls on October 4.
Also Read- Brahmastra Box Office Collection Day 12: Ranbir Kapoor Starrer Slowing Down!
Navratri 2022 Start & End Date
This year, the first day of Navratri falls on September 26. The first day of Navratri is colored white.