Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, January 31 address the nation through 'Mann ki Baat' first of the year 2021. In his monthly radio program at All India Radio, PM Modi highlighted the Indian Cricket team's victory in Australia and Padma awards to the unsung heroes.
Prime Minister said that we have to fill the time with renewed hope and innovation in year 2021. Last year we showed exceptional restraint and courage. This year also we have to work hard and prove our resolve. "Take our country forward, and at a faster pace", he said during his 'Mann ki Baat' program.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's 31st January 'Mann Ki Baat' address:
After the President has addressed the joint session of Parliament, the 'Budget Session' has also started. There is another piece which we all are waiting for long is that the announcement of the Padma Awards.
1) Padma Awards for unsung heroes: That is the tradition of awarding the Padma Awards to the grassroots unsung Heroes, which was started by the country a few years ago, has been maintained even this time.
2) This month, there was also great news from the cricket pitch. Our cricket team made a resounding comeback and won the series in Australia after their initial woes. The hard work and teamwork of our players are motivating, PM adds.
3) Protests on 26th January: Prime Minister Modi speaking on the disrespect of the national flag on 26th January during farmers protest said "In the midst of all this in Delhi, on 26 January, seeing the insult of the tricolor, the country was very sad.
4) World's biggest Covid vaccination program: Just as India's fight against Corona has become an example, so now, our Vaccination program is also becoming an example in the world. In just 15 days, India has vaccinated more than 3 million of its corona warrior, whereas a rich country like America, in the same work, took 18 days and Britain 36 days. Friends, 'Made-in-India Vaccine', today, is not only a symbol of India's self-reliance but also of India's self-reliance.
5) On Agricultural reforms: Friends, the government is committed to modernizing agriculture and is taking many steps. Government's efforts will continue even further.
"साथियो, खेती को आधुनिक बनाने के लिए सरकार प्रतिबद्ध है और अनेक कदम उठा भी रही है। सरकार के प्रयास आगे भी जारी रहेंगे।"— Mann Ki Baat Updates मन की बात अपडेट्स (@mannkibaat) January 31, 2021
- पीएम श्री @narendramodi.https://t.co/N4iiHt1vZT#MannKiBaat pic.twitter.com/d1qItFNwYJ
Experiments like the Strawberry Festival not only reflect the Spirit of Innovation but also show how the agricultural sector of our country is adopting new technology. Jhansi's 'Strawberry festival' emphasizes the Stay at the Home concept. Through this festival, farmers and youth are being encouraged to do gardening and grow strawberries in the vacant space behind their house, or on the terrace in the Terrace Garden.
With the help of new technology, similar efforts are taking place in other parts of the country, which was the hallmark of Strawberry, once, the mountains, it is now also happening on the sandy land of Kutch, the income of farmers is increasing.
6) On Yoga: You would love to know that there are more than 30 yoga schools in Chile's capital Santiago. International Yoga Day in Chile is also celebrated with great enthusiasm. The Congress of Chile, the parliament there, has passed a resolution. There, November 4 has been declared National Yoga Day. You will find another interesting thing related to the Parliament of Chile. The Vice President of the Chile Senate is named Rabindranath Quinteros. He is named after him inspired by the world poet Gurudev Tagore, PM said.
7) On Road-safety: In the same month from January 18 to February 17, our country is also celebrating 'Road Safety Month'. Road accidents are a matter of concern not only in our country but all over the world. Today in India, a number of efforts are being made for road safety at the individual and collective level along with the government. All of us should actively participate in these efforts to save lives.