Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Questions to Govt that what will happen after coronavirus lockdown 3.0? Congress former president Sonia Gandhi said on Wednesday that the party wants to know what criteria the government is using to judge how long lockdown will continue. Lockdown 3.0, the former president of the Congress, Sonia Gandhi has begun a meeting with the Chief Ministers of the Congress-ruled states. The meeting is attended by several other leaders including Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, during which Sonia Gandhi is discussing the impact of the coronavirus and assessing the steps taken by her to prevent the epidemic.
During this meeting, the issue of migrant laborers and laborers stranded at various places will also be discussed and the steps taken by the states to take them to their home states will also be discussed.
The Congress has been alleging that the unplanned lockdown has badly affected the migrant laborers and the poor. However, raising the issue of the perceived plight of the poor, Congress strategically also wants to avoid direct confrontation with the central government. Sonia Gandhi wrote a letter to the central government suggesting several measures including transferring Rs 7,500 to all accounts. In a conversation with Rahul, Abhijeet Banerjee had suggested transferring Rs 10,000 to the bank accounts of the poor so that the economy could get back on track.
Chief Ministers need to deliberate and ask as to what is the strategy of the Govt of India to get the country out of lockdown?: Senior Congress leader Dr. Manmohan Singh during Congress Chief Ministers' meeting. (File pic) #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/MYtO4Wz4lD— ANI (@ANI) May 6, 2020
In a meeting with the Congress Chief Ministers, P. Chidambaram said that the state of the states in terms of finance is appalling but no money is being allocated by the Government of India. Many newspapers have overcome the unavailability of finance with the states.
Rahul Gandhi said during the meeting that the main objective of the strategy to fight the coronavirus is to protect the elderly, who are suffering from diabetes and heart diseases. During this meeting, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that states facing severe economic crisis need to be provided immediate assistance. He said that Chhattisgarh is a state where 80% of small scale industries have resumed. And about 85,000 workers have returned to work.
- Chief Minister of Puducherry V Narayanasamy said that the Government of India is taking decisions without consulting the states and this is creating an odd situation. People sitting in Delhi cannot tell the states, no state or chief minister is consulted. Why?
- Dr. Manmohan Singh said that Soniaji has already told. Chief Ministers need to discuss what is the strategy of the Government of India to get the country out of lockdown.
In a meeting with Sonia Gandhi, Punjab CM Capt Amarinder Singh said that we have formed two committees, one is how to come out of lockdown and on economic revival. The matter of concern is that the people sitting in Delhi are deciding the classification of the zone, without knowing what is happening on the ground.
Sonia Gandhi said that in spite of all the obstacles, we thank all the farmers, especially Punjab and Haryana, for ensuring food security by the bumper wheat crop.
- Congress leader Randeep Surjewala tweeted that the Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot, said during the meeting that unless the comprehensive incentive package is given, how will the state and the country run? We have lost revenue of 10,000 Cr. The states have repeatedly requested the PM for a package but we have not yet heard from the Indian government.
- Congress leader Randeep Surjewala informed that during this meeting, Dr. Manmohan Singh said that we need to know as Sonia ji has said what will happen after lockdown 3.0?
- Congress former president Sonia Gandhi announced on Monday that the state units of the Congress Party would pay the train fare of the migrant laborers. He criticized the central government for charging them for traveling by train. In a statement issued by the Congress, workers and workers are the backbones of the country. Their hard work and sacrifice are the foundation of nation-building. Millions of workers and workers were denied to return home due to the lockdown on just four hours' notice.