Lal Bahadur Shastri was an Indian statesman, a freedom fighter who served as the second Prime Minister of India. The 11th of January celebrates the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri, who died on this date in 1966 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The nation's second Prime Minister, who followed Jawaharlal Nehru, was noted for his simplicity and honesty, and he was awarded the Bharat Ratna posthumously, making him the award's first posthumous winner. Despite being born 35 years after Mahatma Gandhi, Shastri shared the latter's birthday, as both were born on October 2. Lal Bahadur Shastri's death anniversary 2022 quotes have been listed below.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Death Anniversary 2022 Quotes
- Discipline and concerted action are the true sources of national strength.
- We must fight for peace as valiantly as we have fought in war.
- We believe in the dignity of man as an individual, regardless of race, colour, or creed, and in his right to a better, fuller, and more fulfilling life.
- We would consider it our moral obligation to lend our full support to the abolition of colonialism and imperialism so that people everywhere can shape their own destiny.
- Every nation comes to a crossroads in its history when it must decide which path to take.
Also Read- Lohri 2022 Date, Time, Rituals, Celebration And Significance Of This Punjabi Festival
- In my mind, I had always felt uneasy about giving advice to others while not acting on it myself.
- If even one person is left who is said to be untouchable, India will have to hang her head in shame.
- Our path is clear: build a socialist democracy at home, with freedom and prosperity for all, and maintain world peace and friendship with all nations abroad.
Also Read- Pushpa Hindi OTT Release Date: Allu Arjun Starrer To Hit Amazon Prime Video On This Date
- When I am reminded that I am in charge of this country and Parliament, which was led by none other than Jawaharlal Nehru, I tremble.
- We have a very large and diverse government, and each ministry is naturally growing in size. It is therefore critical that proper coordination take place.