COVID-19 India: Vaccination Above 18 Years On Full Roll, Cases Decline Drastically In The North

With 1422 fresh deaths, the country recorded the lowest single-day deaths since April 16. The total death toll is now over 3.88 lakh. Kerala by far remains the worst COVID 19-affected state with 11,654 cases.   

By Harkirpal Singh, Updated : Jun 22, 2021 10:09 IST
COVID-19 India: Vaccination Above 18 Years On Full Roll, Cases Decline Drastically In The North
Image source- DW

The Health Ministry on Monday reported that a record 80 lakh jabs of coronavirus vaccines were rolled out on the first day of implementation of ‘Revised Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccination’. While vaccines were so far free for people above 45 years of age, under the revised guidelines that came into effect on 21st June,  the facility has been extended to everyone above 18 years provided they possess valid credentials 

NCR on Monday recorded 89 fresh coronavirus cases — the lowest so far this year and 11 fatalities. The covid positivity rate dropped to 0.16%, as per the health department's official report. 

India recorded 42,640 new covid-19 cases in a single day as of Monday, 21st June, taking the country’s cumulative positive cases to nearly 3 crores. This is the lowest COVID-19 surge in the last 91 days. Out of these, active cases further dropped down to 6,62,521, while over 2,89,26,038 crore people have recovered after getting the infection 

Should Read- Pakistani Netizens Furious Over Upcoming ZEE5 Web Series 'Dhoop Ki Deewar', Here's The Reason Why  

With 1,167 fresh deaths, the country recorded the lowest single-day deaths since April 16. The total death toll is now over 3,89,302. Kerala by far remains the worst COVID-affected state with 11,654 cases.  

From today, the government will provide free vaccines to all above the age of 18. Earlier this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the Centre would revert to a system of centralized procurement of Covid-19 vaccines and make doses free for all above the age of 18.

 

Under this initiative, the Centre will procure 75% of total vaccines and distribute them among states. Private hospitals/Clinics/Nursing Homes will be able to purchase the rest 25% and charge a maximum of ₹150 per dose. 

As the second wave fades, in almost 90% of over 650 districts for which data is available, COVID-19 cases are now in a phase of steady decline. 

Also Read- Inside Edge Season 3 Release Date: Richa Chadda, Vivek Oberoi Fronted Sports-Crime Thriller To Return Soon 

West Bengal is the only major state where active cases have surged in the last seven days. The other two states — Manipur and Mizoram — have seen a minimal rise in active cases, however, the active case count in these regions remains below 1,000.

After a ravaging second wave, from hotels, tourism, transport, and aviation to trade and small manufacturing units, economic activities are beginning to report a disproportionate impact of the distress — in the form of declining remunerations and increasing loan repayment defaults.

📣 Follow SeeLatest.com at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Telegram. Stay updated for latest headlines.