After the Supreme Court’s order in the 69,000 Teachers recruitment, National Commission for Backward classes has summoned officers of UP Basic Education Board. The recruitment has taken new turn as NBC intervened in the bharti citing neglecting the reservation rules in the bharti. The Commission has summoned Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board officers on July 7.
Commission has alleged education Board on being unfair on reservation rules. Commission alleges Basic Education Board for not listing candidates in merit those who scored higher marks than respective categories’ cut off. Citing General category cut off, Commission says more than 15,000 candidates have faced discrimination as lots of students of OBC scored higher marks than General cut off & didn’t get name in the list.
Over the alleged violation of reservation norms in 69,000 Assistant Teachers recruitment, several NDA allied parties have also started raking up the issue. Earlier former president of Apna Dal party wrote a letter to the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath citing the violation of reservation rules. Commission has said as per article 338-B it reserves right to intervene in the recruitment case. Earlier Supreme Court bench had green signalled in the 69,000 Assistant Teachers recruitment 2019.
Hearing on July 7, 2020- Chairman of National Commission for Backward classes, Dr Lokesh Kumar Prajapati will hold hearing in the matter on July 7. UP Basic Education Board officers including Additional Chief Secretary, Chief Secy, Special Secretary and Secretary of Exam Regulatory Authority are summoned on Tuesday.
Earlier in the month of May, a bench of Allahabad High Court ordered on Assistant Teachers cut off marks for Reserved categories as 60% and for Un-Reserved 65%. In the same row the Basic Education Board declared the result on May 15. The 69k Teachers recruitment exam was held on 6 January 2019.