INDIA Cases - 190,962, Deaths - 5,411
Global Cases - 6,278,606, Deaths - 374,158
Several Indian actresses have donated their part as relief amounts to state Govts funds. From Bollywood to Tollywood, Film producers to directors have come forth in this tough time when the country is facing a tough time during 21 days Lockdown across all corners. Actresses including Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Hema Malini, Alia Bhatt and more have immensely donated relief amounts as their part and several Bollywood actresses have donated food items to poor on streets.
Take a look at the list of celebrities who have come forward and donated generously to the state and central government for providing various kinds of relief in the ongoing 'war against virus' in India. Kangana Ranaut - Rs 25 lakhs. Actress Madhuri Dixit and her husband Dr. Shriram Nene have pledged to donate to the PM CARES Fund and CM's Relief Fund to fight the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). Along with actress Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, Donates 25 lakh for PM CARES Relief fund. Kriti Sanon shares a post on social media 'We all need to come together in this time of crisis! I pledge to contribute and do my bit! Buys. Do whatever best you can.. small or big.. just contribute! It’ll save a life or help someone in need and eventually make India healthier'.
On Thursday World Bank extended the emergency Fund of one billion USD to India amidst COVID19. World Bank approved $ 1b to India as emergency financing which 'will support better screening, contact tracing, and laboratory diagnostics, procure PPEs and to set up new isolation wards' WB intimated.
- Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, Donates 25 lakh for PM CARES Relief fund
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra - Rs 21 lakhs.
- Badminton player PV Sindhu - Rs 10 lakhs.
- Sara Ali Khan pledge to donates, However, she did not disclose the amount
- Alia Bhatt pledge to donates, However, she did not disclose the amount.
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas pledge to donates 10 charities including Prime Minister's Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM-CARES), UNICEF, Goonj, Doctors Without Borders, No Kid Hungry, and SAG-AFTRA
- Hema Malini who is also the BJP MP from Mathura, released a whopping amount of Rs 1 crore from the MPLADS
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Donate for COVID-19 Relief Work
- Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli pledge support to fight against COVID-19
- Kriti Sanon pledge to donates in PM CARES fund
- Katrina Kaif pledge to donates in PM CARES fund
- Kangana Ranaut donates - Rs 25 lakhs