Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs) Permanent Secretariat has approved CLAT 2020 dates & releases Admission notification. NLSU for providing admissions into UG LLB & PG LLM Courses into several registered Government & Private Universities will conduct NSLU CLAT 2020 on 10 May 2020. NLSU at portal invites Online Application from eligible candidates for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2020 beginning from 1st January 2020 onwards. Eligible candidates may apply Online at NSLU Consortium for CLAT 2020 before 31st March 2020 in Online mode.
NLSU CLAT 2020 Application Form
CLAT 2020- Candidates may Apply Online for NSLU CLAT 2020 for LLB, LLM course Admissions 2020-21 session. Eligible candidates may Apply online before 31/03/2020 for Common Law Admission Test 2020 (CLAT). Applicants need to register themselves at the CLAT-2019 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration. The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
NSLU CLAT 2020 Applications are beginning from 1 January 2020 onwards and will close on 31 March 2020. The candidates are required to read the instructions carefully and furnish correct and authentic information.
CLAT 2020 Application Fee- Application fees can be paid only online.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: RS 4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: RS 3,500/-
- The cost of previous years' question papers is RS 500/-
Eligibility Criteria for NLSU CLAT 2020
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCIcategorie
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
For LLM PG Programme
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty five percent (55%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2019
Note- There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer for both UG & PG
CLAT 2020 LLM Admission Test Syllabus
CLAT 2020 Applications Beginning from 1 Jan 2020 onwards. Eligible candidates can Apply Online at given link from the beginning date and before CLAT 2020 last date of application i.e- 31 March 2020
The candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST & PWD) marks in the objective type test will be qualified for evaluation of descriptive answers. There shall be 100 objective type questions in CLAT 2020.
There shall be 150 objective type questions-
A general guide to question format was approved to indicate the comprehension based Test; Paper setter shall always keep in mind the 12th standard level of students appearing for CLAT 2020; Quantitative analysis will be based on 10th standard mathematics content.
• English language
• Current affairs including general knowledge
• Legal Reasoning
• Logical Reasoning
• Quantitative Techniques
CLAT 2020 Exam Syllabus:
English including comprehension:
The English section will test the candidate's proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
The General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidate's on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
This section will test the candidate's knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught upto 10th Class/Standard.
This section will test the candidate’s interest towards the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
The Schedule of CLAT 2020 is approved as follows-
i) Issue of Applications- 01.01.2020
ii) Last date for submission of applications- 31.03.2020
iii) Date of CLAT 2020 Test- 10.05.2020
iv) Uploading of answer keys on Consortium of NLUs website- 11.05.2020
v) Inviting objections 12.05.2020- 15.05.2020
vi) Notification of final answer key- 18.05.2020
vii) Declaration of the final results- 24.05.2020
CHECK HERE Detailed Eligibility & other Details
Click Here for Website of NLSU Organization